In celebration of their 15th debut anniversary, SHINee members held a special fan meeting, “2023 SHINee FANMEETING ‘Everyday is SHINee DAY’ : [Piece of SHINE],” from May 27 to May 28.
While, at first, the event underwent some struggles—as fans expressed disappointment with the initial venue—”Everyday is SHINee DAY : [Piece of SHINE]” ended up being an unforgettable night for Shawols.
SHINee Fans Demand Better From SM Entertainment Following Disappointing Fan Meeting Venue
And amid the flood of pictures and videos from the fan meeting, some have gone viral online and gained unexpected attention:
These captured Shawols interacting with SHINee members throughout the event—or, to be exact, not interacting.
어제 샤월 보고 또 놀란 것
1. 노래 진짜 잘하고 즐김 틈만 나면 노래 ㅋ
2. 샤이니가 가까이 와도 달려들지 않음 오히려 샤이니가 달려드는 느낌ㅋ(특히 최떤 남자..) 그러니 샤이니도 믿고 1인1경호로 그렇게 가깝게 오지 사실 그 경호도 멤버들 넘어질까 자리 터 주는 느낌
3. 질서 진짜 잘 지킴
— 🐰🐶퐁당해🐹🦌🐥 (@pongdang0525) May 27, 2023
Shawols shocked me YET AGAIN. Reasons:
1. Shawols LOVE singing and are super good at it. Shawols sing EVERY CHANCE there is.
2. Shawols never, EVER touch SHINee members. In fact, it’s SHINee members who initiate all contact first. (Talking about a certain Mr. Choi…) I think this helps SHINee members trust Shawols even more. That’s how the members can get so close to the fans with minimal guards.
3. Shawols are A+ rule followers.
One tweet explained that Shawols “followed all the safety rules and kept [their] distances” in order to prevent dangerous situations from happening.
샤이니가 샤월을 얼마나 신뢰하는지 알 수 있었던 앵콜이었던거 같아. 토롯코도 아니고 걸어서 한 사람 겨우 지나갈 2층 1열 통로를 자유롭게 걸어다님. 혹여나 다칠까 조심스래 안전간격 다 유지하고 바라만 봐주던 샤월들까지 이 순간이 정말 오래도록 빛나게 기억될 것 같음.. pic.twitter.com/Nh36phxYMO
— 꾸웅⁷¹⁸ (@TAEMRIUS) May 28, 2023
This encore showed how much SHINee members trust Shawols. This path on the second floor was narrow—barely enough for one person to fit through. And it’s not like there was a moving board installed. Yet, the members were able to walk up and down this area without any hesitation.
Shawols were extra cautious; We didn’t want anyone to get hurt. So we followed all the safety rules and kept our distances as we watched on. I’ll remember this moment for a long time… It was SHINY indeed.
Shawols celebrated one another for being incredible at maintaining peace, not touching or mobbing, and letting the fan meeting be a moment for all to remember!
샤이니와 샤월간에 친근하지만 선을 지킬 줄 아는 그 관계가 참 좋은데 이번에도 다시한번 그걸 느꼈음
멤버들이 코앞에 지나가면 조금이라도 닿고 싶어지기도 할텐데 누구하나 일부러 손뻗어서 만지거나 뛰쳐나와서 달려들거나 하는거 없이 그저 자기자리에서 웃으면서 손만 흔들고 있어 🙂 pic.twitter.com/2PQ8nDXh94
— 슈이💫 (@vvSHINeevv) May 28, 2023
I love the close-but-respectful relationship that SHINee members share with Shawols. And this fan meeting reminded me of its importance once again. You’d think that fans would want to touch the members, having them so up close and within reach. But no one is putting their hand forward or pushing or attempting to get closer. Shawols kept their distances and, instead, smiled at the members and waved at them.
As these pictures and videos went around the internet and inspired K-Pop fans worldwide…
The pit kept complete peace, too. No one was pushing. We all stood in our exact spots, put our bags down, and maintained it until the end of the event.
— Shawol on theqoo
…online communities praised Shawols for setting good examples for other fandoms to follow—more so as in-person fan meetings and other events become popular against post-pandemic.
- “I learned for the first time how peaceful it is to not have fans screaming individual member names in the background…”
- “Shawols are angels, WBK.”
- “Wow… This is goals. I wish the fandom I’m in could pull off something like this. It’s such an inspiration. So ideal.”
- “I have so much ENVY for this kind of vibe.”
- “This is incredible.”
- “Wow! SHINee fans are so well-mannered! This is great. Artists should, for sure, be treated like quokkas. NO TOUCHING! Fans need to keep earning that trust by showing such absolute respect and impeccable behavior. Haha.”
- “SHINee fans have been like this forever. Haha. I also love that Shawols don’t shout things from the audience.”
- “Of course, Shawols pull this again! You all are amazing!”
- “Both SHINee and SHINee fans are so cool.”
SHINee’s Key Reveals How Jonghyun “Saved” Their Song “Juliette” 14 Years Ago
Remember The Time When BTS’s Jimin Had A “Showdown” Against His BFF, SHINee’s Taemin?
On The 15th Anniversary Of SHINee’s Debut, Fans Reminisce About The Members’ Adorable Rookie Visuals
SHINee Releases A Never-Before-Seen Throwback Group Photo With All Five Members — Shawols Are “Crying In The Club”
Share This Post