[T/W: Mentions of bullying, school violence, death, suicide]
Okay-netz and worldwide followers are discussing if it is acceptable to devour content material from Okay-pop idols with bullying controversies.
This is what individuals are saying.
Is Consuming Content material from Okay-pop Idols with Bullying Allegations Makes One an Confederate?
On October 16, a netizen established an open discussion titled, “Individuals consuming from celebrities with faculty violence allegations are additionally accomplices vs. it isn’t.”
The creator then adopted up a screenshot of reports articles, which displayed Hyunjin of Stray Children and Kim Garam, a former member of LE SSERAFIM.
(Picture : TheQoo)
YOU MIGHT BE INTERESTED IN: Stray Children Hyunjin Accused of College Bullying + JYP Leisure Launched Assertion
For additional context, Hyunjin was accused of being a bully throughout his faculty days. On February 22, 2021, an nameless netizen posted on a discussion board accusing Hyunjin of bullying college students on-line, in addition to sending out inappropriate remarks, and abusive language.
Concerning Garam, the ex-LE SSERAFIM member was additionally accused of bullying in April 2022, when quite a few schoolmates alleged the idol’s wrongdoings. This ultimately led to Garam’s withdrawal from the group on July 20.
(Picture : Instagram: @realstraykids)
(Picture : MHN스포츠)
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE: The place is Kim Garam Now? Present Standing of Ex-LE SSERAFIM Member After Bullying Controversy
Nevertheless, within the submit, the unique creator revealed that the sentiment got here from a tragic case separate from the Okay-pop business. OP then shared a screenshot of a report, which relayed the information of YouTuber Pyo Hye Rim’s demise.
The OP additionally captioned:
“I do assume that supporting these idols would make you an confederate.
Even while you’re conscious of their faculty violence scandals, you continue to select to show a blind eye and devour their content material. The availability is coming in as a result of the demand is there.”
[Content Warning: disturbing imagery ahead]
(Picture : TheQoo)
On October 10, YouTuber and faculty bullying sufferer Pyo Hye Rim passed away. She was 27 years previous. In keeping with sources, the Busan Fireplace Division and police authorities shared that she went lacking earlier.
(Picture : Naver)
Nevertheless, after discovering her physique, the lady was recognized as Pyo Hye Rim. The YouTuber was rushed to the hospital, however sadly, she was pronounced lifeless.
Earlier on the identical day (October 10), earlier than her demise, Pyo Hye Rim posted a video recounting her experiences with bullying in her faculty days, from elementary faculty to highschool. The YouTuber additionally filed a petition with the Blue Home to abolish legal guidelines that shield faculty bullies.
First Declare: Followers Who Eat Content material or Defend Accused Idols Are Accomplices
Within the discussion board, netizens concluded that followers who devour content material from idols accused of college violence are accomplices.
- “The actual fact their followers begin getting defensive to defend them each time they get referred to as out makes them accomplices.”
- “I do not assume they’re accomplices, however they’re secondary perpetrators.”
Second Declare: Followers Who Assault Victims Are Additionally Accomplices, Whereas Others Are Bystanders
Nevertheless, some netters stated that followers who assault victims and defend the accused are the actual accomplices, whereas followers who stay quiet are bystanders. This is what they stated:
- “The followers who defend them and comply with up secondary assaults on the sufferer are accomplices. The followers who’re simply followers are bystanders.”
- “Seeing how some flood messages in the direction of the victims, then they’re accomplices.”
- “Those that are idle are bystanders. Those that defend them are accomplices.”
- “Consuming their content material makes you extra of an enabler than an confederate. You are an confederate if you happen to defend them and assault the sufferer on-line.”
Others have been baffled as to why some followers defend their favourite idols regardless of sustaining bullying accusations.
- “I do discover it odd seeing how individuals defend these bullies. Many individuals have ended their lives for being bullying victims, and also you assist them? Gross.”
- “Worldwide followers are the primary ones to defend them as a result of they’ve by no means skilled Korean faculty violence. They do not take these victims significantly.”
What are your ideas on this? Inform us within the feedback beneath.
Learn KpopStarz for extra Okay-pop information.
IN OTHER NEWS: THIS SM Trainee’s Bullying Historical past Uncovered On-line – This is What You Did not Know About His College Days
KpopStarz owns this text
Written by Riely Miller
Learn unique article right here: www.kpopstarz.com
- Is Stanning Okay-pop Idols With Bullying Controversies Acceptable? This is What Okay-Netz, Worldwide Followers Assume
- Examine all information and articles from the most recent NEWS updates.
- Please Subscribe us at Google News.